Today was a crazy day...Araya and I awoke to the alarm at 6:00 a.m., and we were out the door by 6:30 a.m. for the U of M. We stopped and picked up my dad in Isanti, he came along for the ride...just kidding he came along to help me out at the dentist. The roads were terrible, we arrived at 8:26 for an 8:30 appointment. We talked to the dentist and sedation (oral drugs) were given to him by mouth at 10:00....long wait! At 10:30 they took him back and he was out by 11:30! He did great, they were able to fill all 3 fillings! We now have eased him into the root canal, if there is such a thing as easing into a root canal... We will do that next.
While in the Lobby I met a neat Ethiopian women, she has two girls and has lived in the U.S. since 1999 with her husband. She actually lives in Blaine. I talked to her about wanting to keep Araya's Amharic (language) up so that he doesn't forget. She said she would love to come to Cambridge and meet periodically...She was really a nice lady. One thing that struck me was how amazed and surprised she was that we have adopted from Ethiopia. Actually the word that she used was "Thankful." She thanked me repeatedly for adopting from her home, Ethiopia. I said, "We have been blessed by them."
I can't help but be excited for Christmas, the excitement in Araya's face as he asks questions...The other day he said after his party at school and gift exchange, "do we go home now and open gifts?" "No" I said, I started to explain to him that it was not Christmas yet...I then started to take the opportunity to talk about Jesus...before I could finish he said, "mom, I know about Jesus, he was born on Christmas." I said, "yes, and there is so much more to learn about Jesus!" "yep" he said and he ran out of the room.
Araya is cracking us all up with his vocabulary...his top 4 are:
"You've got to be kidding me!"
"Are you serious?"
"What the heck!"
"What are you talking about?"- this one I think has something to do with the fact that he is hearing better...or he is just getting a little nosey on us :)
Oh Yes...My great friend Sarah also reminded me of one she hears regularly at school.
"Calm down!" It Doesn't take long to get "Americanized."
I am really excited for 2 weeks off of school, I planned all our appointments for the first two days of break..today U of M. Tomorrow, other 5 kids at dentist starting at 9:00. Araya ear dr. at 1:00...then we are free to do what we want ....Yeah!!
3 comments:
you are amazing!
one of my fav's with araya is when he says, "calm down". HAHAHA! it's hilarious!
Great job!! Let's get her hired and teaching! Did she ask about price? We should talk to Delrae. I hope the rest of your vacation is relaxing.
Jodi I am so glad It went well at the dentist! I hope it just keeps getting easier.
Post a Comment