My parents bought a motor home last summer, they went on a few "weekend road trips," this past summer and Fall. They have been anticipating a "longer" trip, and decided to leave on Wednesday of this past week. Well, let's just say, it was not "ideal" weather to leave in....but, I think their excitement prompted them to "go for it." I am not so sure they would repeat the last 5 days that they have experienced...I will name a few....slippery roads and snow until they arrived in Albuquerque, New Mexico, over-nights in Wal-Mart parking lots (unable to navigate anywhere else, and nothing open for camping in a snow-storm.) Windows so full of ice, you can't see out, crying wife (my mom) wanting to turn-around. The Explorer that you are towing has become so impacted with snow, and won't start, the nice cart boy at Wal-Mart even helps...gotta love Wal-Mart! The water doesn't work in the sinks, T.V. comes in on one station and it is Spanish....my parents might be speaking Spanish when they return.I don't know but man I am glad my mom and dad are safe! I can joke about this because tonight they are at a resort, looking at the mountains in the background...they have water and they can see out the windows...not to mention it is a balmy 65 degrees...Yahoo!!
I received an e-mail from my parents yesterday the subject read: "You won't believe this," Well they were right! I will let you see for yourself! This gentlemen had been driving this down the road and had stopped in a parking lot.

3 comments:
I'm sure this brought everything back into perspective for them!! I can't believe that his roof hasn't caved in yet. Thanks for the giggle.
haha. That picture is hilarious!!!
Good to hear that your parents are okay though! And that they are enjoying themselves now!
Maybe it's time for your folks to talk to the relatives about a seasonal campsite :)
Post a Comment