Tuesday, December 28, 2010

The year is winding down...

I haven't been blogging much lately, not sure that I am going to keep this blogging thing going.  Time is the biggest challenge that I am facing.  Trying to prioritize, I enjoy it, but feel as though I should be doing other things.  I have a few things to share as the year approaches it's end.  I must say that I am thankful for so many things...Jesus Christ, my Husband, Kids, Parents, Friends-new and old, Jobs, Health, Home...just to name a few.
In December we celebrated Syfah turning 13!  Which means we now have 6 teenagers!  17,16,15,14.13 and 13!  We are blessed by the "young man" that Syfah is.  Syfah is loved by ALL, he does not lack confidence, and is very social.  We love Syfah to pieces-he is sensitive, he is a great friend to many and a great son!! Syfah has also been the one that  has challenged us and made us question our parenting skills...I do not mean questioning being his parent, I  mean questioning my skills...Syfah has given me grace many times- as it has felt at times as though we are the "bearer of rules and consequences"...Is that what parents do best?   We are starting to see and appreciate his personality-differently....that has been a good!    We are letting Syfah be Syfah ....within reason  :)  Thankful for Syfah and the growth in him!  I am also so, so thankful for great teachers, friends and grandparents who have "partnered" with us to parent our kids!    
Syfah's 13th Birthday!
Another fun event in December was the Christmas Dance at School. Troy and I were asked to chaperone and it was loads of fun!

Morgan, friend Roselyn, Shelby and Seble!




One of the snow days the girls and I made cookies!  Many, many cookies...I had forgotten that last year when I rewrote the recipe for Peanut Blossoms, I had wrote it down doubled as I thought it seemed like it was a small batch...well, I forgot about that and then I tripled the already doubled recipe...needless to say as I added the 6th cup of peanut butter I realized something seemed odd.  Troy had to help mix and we baked the same kind of cookies for about 5 hours...no kidding! 

1 comment:

FamilyBergloff said...

I love it!! You make them with the same proper star chocolate candy as I do! I wouldn't change the recipe my mother gave me! And, no blogging?
I have thought about it too for same and other reasons. Oh... I'll miss you!