Thursday, May 15, 2008

Four years ago today......

Four years ago today, Seble and Syfah traveled in a plane for the first time, met me (mom) for the first time, met their new sisters for the first time, met grandparents for the first time, had their own room for the first time! What a day it was, excitement, anxiety, and exhaustion!

I remember that day well, we did not have a lot of people at the airport, didn't want to overwhelm them. We waited and waited...I remember seeing on the screen at the airport that they had landed! I remember thinking, "what is taking so long?" I called Troy, never thinking he would answer his cell phone, he said, "Hi honey, we landed, we are going to the bathroom to change clothes before we come down to see you all." I said, "no, come now. He said, "Jody, you will thank me later, they need to change clothes." I think our dear friend Deb, (who traveled with Troy) knew me too well, and she had also recommended to Troy that they change.

From the time they left Addis Ababa, Ethiopia, they had been on a plane about 19 hours, not including stops in Rome and New York and you cannot forget going through customs and almost missing connections from N.Y to Minneapolis.

We all remember that day! I think of all of the firsts that these 2 kids have shared with us and the firsts that we have been blessed to experience with them.

We cannot wait for Araya to have his firsts too! These three have not physically been in the same house since 2002, what a night it will be!

By the way, Troy did the right thing when he had the kids change clothes, when I opened their backpacks, those clothes were a sight!

Jody
www.jabberjawjody.blogspot.com

No comments: