Sunday, July 6, 2008

Well, let's just say....it's been a few interesting late afternoon-evenings around here! I knew that the "newness" would wear off quickly...you just never quite no what to expect...I'm not going to complain-I'm going to be honest.
Araya is going to be fine, but he is trying to adjust to us...he is not use to parents, siblings and maybe has had been a little "misinformed" about America. Deb had heard someone tell Araya while in Ethiopia something along the line of..."America, you get to do whatever you want, the land of plenty." I believed she cleared that up rather quickly. I do think that these kiddos have been told that "America is the place!" They feel this sense of entitlement- we are dealing with some pretty significant shut down times...it feels significant anyways. When he does not get his way, he shuts down, doesn't talk, won't cooperate with things that we ask him to do, doesn't want to eat and has a blank look in his face/eyes. Tonight we physically had to put on his pajamas and put him in bed...about 10 times actually. I realize we are only one week into this and Araya has been through a lot. He truly is a happy, delightful boy, most of the time. He is dealing with so many things right now that his coping skills are kicking in.
Please pray for us! Thanks for checking in!
Blessings-The Doble Family

1 comment:

Matthew and Amanda said...

Hope things are going well.

Amanda