Well, many of you know that I love to shop....for bargains that is! I never pay full price and usually rarely pay more than 1/2 price. I enjoy getting a great bargain, but, getting a great bargain also means...shopping more often and watching for the deal!
Morgan and I went to one of the girls favorite stores on Saturday late afternoon. I love the store and I am not naming it on purpose, not because I don't want you to get the deals:) But it's because of what happened to me while I was at the store that I want to share with you!
A few of the girls that work at the store we have gotten to know by their first names and they know us. Well on this particular evening one of the girls that I have seen working several times but I have really not had any interaction with just simply smiled at me. Well, Morgan was in the dressing room and I was just sitting their waiting for her. I was approached by this beautiful young lady, she just simply said to me. "I have seen you and your girls in here and I know that you have adopted, I think that that is so neat." I could tell she had more to say...I could see it in her eyes. I simply said, "Yes, we have." I then said something like, "are you adopted?" She said, "No, I just gave my baby up for adoption 8 weeks ago." My heart broke for her, she proceeded to tell me more about her story. She picked the birth family, they were with her for the delivery, they keep in contact with her, she is attending his baptism this weekend. She is thrilled for the family that she chose for her beautiful little boy. She disappeared for a moment and came out with pictures and a letter from the family that she blessed with her son. I am rarely at a loss for words, but my words left me. As I handed her back the letter her eyes were filled with tears as were mine and I felt an instant connection to this young beautiful girl...she wanted to know what I thought. It seemed as though it was just her and I and we chatted for a while longer. She has a great future ahead of her...she is attending a Private Christian College in the fall and has received a scholarship for athletics. Her parents have been supportive of her choices and have encouraged her and stood beside her.
I have not gotten her out of my mind..I did actually just send her a little note of encouragement. She knows she has a bright future ahead of her but her loss is evident. I have been praying for her and have asked my family to pray for her too! I am glad that she will have that chance to see her little guy grow up in his new family...that is a blessing. I am also feeling like this is going to be hard for her too. Her family will all travel this weekend to another state to attend his baptism. Please pray for her..God knows our prayers.
It also left me thinking about the Ethiopian mom that I would like to Thank for giving me the chance to step in when she died, she never knew me but I think she must have been a great mom! I know this was not her choice to leave this world as the mother of 3 young children. She didn't have a choice.
I am so thankful for choices that are life changing and how this mom chose to see her pregnancy through till the end.
Jody
4 comments:
Jody, this was really powerful. Thank you for sharing.
jody,
What a great opportunity! I would have loved to talk to her and let her know what a blessing it is to be adopted as well as being an adoptive mom. Being adopted is one of the best things that ever happened to me. I am sure you were able to be a comfort to her at such a difficult time.
Julie
Very cool story, Jody. It is a good reminder that the ripple effect of adoption is wide and deep. Also, when we see people out and about, we have no idea what their story is or how we might be an encourager to them. Thanks for sharing!
Oh my gosh, Jody! That is amazing! And God is so cool to arrange a meeting like that for you and her! Awesome!
Post a Comment