Today was a great day! I enjoy my job, but I really enjoy a day to get together with friends. Today was that day! I left work at 12:55 for an important afternoon "get together." I didn't know who all would be their, but, I did know what we were celebrating. Six of us share a common connection and some of these ladies I know better than others! I will tell you that I felt instantly connected to all of them as we chatted in the living room. All six of our families have a different story to share about an "adoption journey." We gathered together today to encourage each other, share stories and support Mary and her family, they are leaving very soon to pick up three of their newest additions! How exciting, how scary all in one. It was fun to hear how all of our families came to the decision to adopt, as we shed a few tears, laughter and smiles, I was so impressed by the openness to discuss the challenges and fears that go along with this journey...it is a journey. A journey that brings you closer to each other, other families and new friends! As Mary and family anticipate their "new arrivals" I get excited for them! It's a time like no other! It's an experience like no other. I was blessed today by my friends, Mary, Barb, Renee, Del Rae and Julie! Some of us are at different places in our adoption journeys ...today we were all in the same place....Mary's house, celebrating and anticipating what God has called us and encouraged us to do, and what he will see us through!! What a blessing! Thanks for a great day my friends!!
P.S. I am very disappointed that not one of us took a picture!! (what is wrong with us?)
I can't wait to get together again!
1 comment:
You are right about the picture. What was I thinking??Thanks for a meaningful visit, Jody. One of the greatest blessings so far has been to get to know some new friends... like you!! Thanks for your encouraging words!
Post a Comment