It's been a good long weekend....It started out on Friday night with Troy's sister Priscilla, her husband Kevin and their daughter Tatiana joining us for a fun evening. We haven't been able to spend much time with them, they have lived in Milwaukee for years. They moved to Apple Valley this Fall and they were able to come and join us for the evening. We carved pumkins, which we realized was the first time Tatiana, Seble, Syfah and Araya have carved a pumkin...what is wrong with me. It was fun! We had pizza, pumpkin bars, candy..candy..and then some pumkin seeds that we baked! We ended the evening with a bonfire and also played with American Girl Dolls. We haven't had them out for a while and we don't have many "little" girl things around here anymore! Thanks for coming Priscilla, Kevin and Tatiana!!
Morgan was Missing in Action...she had went out with friends to the Olive Garden and to a Bonfire...
Saturday the boys got ready for the hunting weekend that is ahead. They put heaters in their stands! The little boys will appreciate that!
I have definitely realized that the girls are getting older...Morgan, Shelby and Seble were all at a friends house for a bonfire on Saturday night with lot's of kids from CCS (school)!
On Sunday we went to church ..it was an awesome service and time of worship. Troy and I had a date to Culvers....Yahoo...only 3 phone calls! Sunday afternoon Syfah was invited to an overnight, Seble and Shelby went to a friends for an overnight, I then brought Morgan to an overnight 10th grade girls party..they watched movies and ate. Corbin and I went and got her basketball shoes, came home to a husband who said he was a little "bored" a rarity around here. Him and Araya had been playing Wii. It sure is different when a few (4) are missing. I have had many people tell me that we need to enjoy these busy days, days with the kids, days running around, basketball games.....I think it's going to go fast.
While Troy and I were enjoying our peaceful conversation?!?! at Culver's, Troy looked at me and said, "Jody, I would have a houseful of kids if we had a bigger house..a little more money...." That tells me that things are feeling a little bit more normal around here!" Have a great week!
3 comments:
Is carving pumkins fun? They look pretty sweet!!
It's good that you still had fun even though Morgan was "missing in action"?? haha
Hey Jodi,
Sounds like a very busy and fun weekend. Sure do enjoy these.
Love,
Muriel
What the heck is wrong with Troy? If he needs a few more kids around he can come borrow some of ours! We married some crazy men Jody!
Post a Comment