Tuesday, November 11, 2008

My Brave Boy!

Thankful for some good medicine and good movies!

Can I just say that I am so proud of Araya! Araya had his surgery today. It went well, lots of scar tissue in the mastoid bone was removed and his three ear bones were in tact so they were also cleaned up. The dr. was then able to reconstruct the ear drum...the dr. had told us to not expect him to gain any hearing from this surgery. We were thrilled when the dr. said that he expects him to get some hearing back and hopefully no more surgery on this ear. YEAH!!

Araya was very brave and did a great job, he has come so far! On the way to the dr. he said, " I am fine mom." He was surpised that we did not have to drive to the cities...on that note...one of my friends Barb, had written on her blog about writing in a journal about 1,000 things we are thankful for-Grateful to God for, everyday for a year! I am committing to it! I would also like to say that I was so blessed today at the hospital, we had great care, great nurses and I was really glad that we were close to home. #1 in the journal! Thanks Barb, great idea!

1 comment:

thethreenoodles said...

That's a pretty brave kid