Thursday, November 6, 2008

Oh Brother....!

Many of you know that I have only one brother, his name is Troy. Yeah, I know I married a Troy too! Must of been a popular name back in the day! Anyways, it's just my brother and I, and we are exactly 13 months a part to the day, I was born January 2, (A New Years Baby) and Troy was born Feb.2, ( A Groundhog)..I'm glad I was the New Years Baby!

Growing up I lived in a neighborhood of boys, so I was a last resort to play with. It's always interesting to see one of our old neighbor boys. The first thing they usually say is, I remember when you use to wrestle with us and beat us or I never wanted to mess with you..my brother use to wrestle and we had a wrestling mat in the basement. Hey, a girls has got to do what a girl has to do! I am not at all proud of this :)...it actually has become a little embarrassing. Anyways, I was not my brothers first choice for a playmate. I have to be brutally honest. I WAS A PEST!!

My brother now lives in Fargo, N.D. with his wife Michelle and my nephew and niece Mason and Madison. We don't see them very much. My brother is a State Trooper Sergeant and works odd hours. My sister-in-law works in the medical field in Radiology and she works odd hours too.

We see them maybe 3 or 4 times a year. This weekend they will be down for hunting and the girls and I usually Shop till we Drop! This weekend I will be at basketball tournaments with the little three, so I will not get to spend the time I usually do with them...it will save me some money:) But, oh will I miss them!

I love to hear my brothers stories about his job in the Big N.D. ...like the time a lady hit a moose with her car and when my brother arrived on the scene and took out his gun to put the animal out of it's misery, the lady demanded while she was crying that he call a vet...he told the lady "I am the vet." The many drunks that get sick in his car...one young college girl decided to pee and poop in the back seat of the squad, he had no idea what she was doing!! He said, "hey, what are you doing back their?" She replied, "putting lip gloss on!" Well that was not the case she had smeared it all over the windows and seats! He pulled his car into the Jail lot the next day, and she cleaned and scrubbed for hours...she thought it was funny at the time at the end of that day ..not so funny!

Today I received a picture of my brother with..."The President Elect of the United States of America!" It was taken in the Fall and he was with him for the day! I said was it exciting? "it was o.k." Was it great to shake his hand, "it was fine." Did you vote for him. "No". Anyways enough said, my brother is a man of few words! p.s. he did say he was nice!

4 comments:

Julie Swenson said...

I'd love to see some of the wrestling home videos!

barb Holmberg said...

You better tell your brother to hold on to this picture. It could be really valuable some day!

FamilyBergloff said...

Cool!!! Loved your story about your brother and his photo with Obama.

ali said...

my sister and i are 13 months apart-to the hour! LOL 5/9/68 & 6/9/69! both at 430 pm-strange. im gald im the younger one-cuz shes 40 & im NOT!