Thursday, January 29, 2009

So, I had an awesome surprise on Wednesday…..




Over a year ago, my friend Jenn and I flew to Chicago! I have only known Jenn about 2 years and I am really thankful for her friendship! Jenn has listened to me for hours on end…(hard to believe I can talk that much, but she is a talker too!) one of the major things she did for me was put up with my, “fear of flying!” When I say fear, it is EXTREME FEAR! When we got to the airport, she asked me if I was o.k.?! I would have bolted if I could of, but I couldn’t do that to her, although it would have saved her some embarrassment, I am sure. I actually put my head on her shoulder and said, “are you sure I am o.k.?” “Yes!” she said as she tried to get me to chat and look at the magazines we brought! I took another pill and it was all fine….sort of! Jenn is extremely patient, we also went up to the 95th floor of the beautiful John Hancock building that overlooked lake Michigan and the city of Chicago. I also don’t like heights! Jenn was great, I am sure she felt like she was taking care of a kid!
We did a lot of fun things while in Chicago, Cheesecake Factory (yum), Oprah Show (overrated), Garrets Popcorn (to die for!), Hersheys Chocolate Factory (what can you say about chocolate), Ghirardelli (more chocolate!), American Girl Doll (fun), Gino’s East (we left our signatures on the wall, awesome pizza), Giordano’s (more awesome pizza), Fannie May (more chocolate!), walked a lot, which we needed to due to the fact that we ate very well. We also met some very interesting taxi drivers! I was sure we would hit someone/something or they would hit us! The drivers don’t seem to care a bit!
Jenn and I have been reminiscing about our trip, I was very surprised yesterday when Fed Ex delivered a box…..from Chicago…….with a “Garrets Popcorn Tin,” with a picture of the Chicago skyline and loaded with the best caramel popcorn and cheese popcorn ever! What a wonderful surprise! I opened it up and shared it with my family (reluctantly thoughJ)!
It’s a blessing to have friends that you can be yourself with, the good the bad and the ugly with!
p.s. Jenn, I wanted to send you a pizza from Chicago, but, it wouldn’t be the same!

1 comment:

barb Holmberg said...

WOW~what a friend? How come I haven't met her before?