
This week was a short one...I realized that the short ones feel as though you really do squeeze 5 days in one week. It was busy, but tonight as I write I am glad that the week is over as far as school goes.... we don't have school on Thursday and Friday, this is the first year that our school has decided to not have classes the week of our basketball tournaments. Our Varsity teams left today after school and will return on Saturday evening from Mankato. This is the "final" weekend of basketball...The End of a Season! It has been a fun year to have our 3 older girls on the same team. I am glad that we can go and watch!
I also had an eventful week, I have been having knee pain in my right knee for quite a while now,about a month ago we did a cortisone injection, it seemed as though it helped and then two weeks ago I felt a pop! Last week the pain started to become unbearable for me...which scared me. Last night when Corbin and Troy saw my knee, corbin said, "Mom it looks like you have two knees!" That's reassuring!! I had an MRI on Tuesday, and today I found out that I have a large medial meniscus tear and sprained ligaments...relief in knowing that I now know why I am having so much pain. I will see the ortho doctors on Monday and we will set up a plan...at this point whatever will help will be a good thing. I realize that I am not good at sitting, elevating, icing, heating and watching the house get dirty. Today when I talked to the nurse, she said, " you are using crutches aren't you?" "No" I said, didn't know that I should be...I remember years ago when I broke my foot..crutches and I do not exactly see things the same..I remember crossing 65 and 95 and being so frustrated by the crutches that I just carried them....your back hurts, your good leg hurts, your hands get blisters, your arm pits burn. I am taking the crutches out tonight and will bring them with me if I get desperate this weekend with pain...If you see me crossing the road...don't honk, you may get a crutch thrown your way....:)
Have a good weekend!
No comments:
Post a Comment