
Oh my word! I do not get the "Mother of the Year Award". My girls asked if we could go to a movie last weekend...well, Star Trek did not appeal to them or I..(the boys saw that one). Night at the Museum was not one we really wanted to see either. The girls said, "can we go and see, Ghost of Girlfriends Past?" I looked it up- it was rated pg-13. I looked up why? I am not sure what I was reading but the reviews I read were not what I saw and heard. My friend Sarah went with us, we had the Theatre to ourselves....should of been the first sign!!
Matt McConaughey, Michael Douglas, Jennifer Garner were in the movie, I like all of them, however the movie was a terrible inuendo filled story of selfishness and bad choices. I actually kept thinking, this can't keep on like this, I kept waiting for the redeeming moment of the movie. It happened...the last 5 minutes, o.k. maybe 10.
I will tell you this movie did bring out some interesting conversations.....we actually could of left, probably should have. As we have talked about the movie throughout the week....because I was sort of "traumatized by my lack of better judgement." I am seeing that we can use so many situations as learning experiences and conversation pieces.....this was one of them....so, while I still am pondering my decision to "stay or go" I am thankful that I have 4 girls that understood that we (I) made a mistake and we can learn from it....
p.s. I would not recommend the movie...if you haven't figured that much out.
We gave it 1/2 star out of 5, and that would be a stretch! !
THE BEST PART OF THE MOVIE WAS THE 80'S MUSIC, and the girl that wore the 80's hair scrunchies....she did make us laugh!
No comments:
Post a Comment