
A couple of years ago Troy bought a Mazda for driving back and forth to Plymouth. The Mazda is an ugly green...sort of minty green, iridescent. It is a gem!! Well I have been quite stubborn about driving the bomb.
a) it's ugly
b)it is a stick shift and I haven't driven a stick shift since I was 22.
C) I feel like I am sitting on the floor, literally my feet feel like they are going to hit the gravel below!
Anyways, tonight Troy was changing the brakes on the Suburban, and I needed to bring Syfah to a friends house. Everyone including my dear husband and children were petrified. I jumped in and Corbin jumped in the bucket seat next to me and said, "mom, I am going to ride with you, are you scared?" we took it for a spin around our loop driveway...it all came back to me!
Syfah came out of the house, stopped dead in his tracks and said, "What, are you serious?" I said, "do you want to get to your friends house." He jumped in. It was smooth sailing until I got out on the highway....(I think I missed 3rd gear and went straight to 5th...a scary moment). We arrived safely at Syfah's friends house...he jumped out..kissed me and said, "mom, I am going to be praying for you for the next 20 minutes!"
As Corbin and I accidentally peeled out of the driveway, she was a little nervous....she called my mom. I got the giggles, it was bringing back the memory of the day when my dad called me at work( I was 17) he said, "jody, I found you a car $1500.00, you can start making payments, here is where it is and you and your mom are going to pick it up tonight after you get off of work." It was a Chevy Chevette, STICK SHIFT!! I had never driven one, nor had my mom. I literally do not know how we made it home from Cambridge, she was crying, and I was mad. Someone even called my mom and dad the next day and said, "I saw Jody stalled in the middle of 65 and 95 today, was everything OK." Yeah, it was fine, just learning how to drive.....I should of practiced on back roads. What was I thinking?
Troy has actually been teaching Morgan how to drive it too, as she will be 16 in June. Tonight before I had the privilege of driving it, she had been out with Troy, Troy said she was improving..."only killed it about 20 times!" Yikes, I am glad he is teaching her. Syfah shared with me that people were mad and honking......bringing back the memories!
It was fun! I would like to drive it again! If you want be to pick you up, give me a call!
3 comments:
Come get me... I will buy you a D.C.L.!! Long time ago... a friend us to pick me up in her Gremlin and we'd drink ponies!!!
Now there something to laugh about!
Hey, reminds me of my baby blue Monza. I think they only made the Monza for a year. My sisters and I pushed it more than we drove it. I like the new look of your blog. Inspires me to change mine.
That's too funny. My first car was a stick shift too and I was horrible at it for the longest time, but then fell in love with it. It was a sporty car and once my girlfriend and I took it through the football carwash to show off...only to stall it 11 times in that parking lot in front of the whole team!!
Post a Comment