Wednesday, October 21, 2009


Well today was my first Wednesday off and I am feeling pretty good about my accomplishments. The day started out with me looking in two of my daughters bedroom and saying to myself, "wow, their clean and my clean are so different," and "It's going to be a long day." So at 7:00, I showered and put my hair up and my sweats on. First of all, can I just say, "I was more than a little irritated." You see, a couple of weeks ago I noticed "fruit flies" in the house, not having fruit out in the kitchen i was a little worried....so after hours of wondering what in the world, I went to put something in the "two girls closet," I was attacked by the things...need more detail...apples and food in the garbage in the, "two girls room." So thanks to my friend Julie who told me of a "household trick," The fruit flies are slowly disappearing in the wine on the counter. I should of drank some today, now that I think about it...just kidding :)
So equipped with garbage bag, vacuum, dust rags, glass cleaner, I stripped the beds and away I went...One thing led to another. I have came to a few conclusions.
1)no more food in the bedrooms.
2)no more buying clothes for at least 5 years...lol
3)I am glad I haven't thrown out the sock with no match...I found lot's of them today.
4)We have plenty of water bottles in sports bags.
5)sunflower seeds are no longer allowed in the house, as it seems as though one of my girls thinks you just throw them between the bed and the wall. ( I AM SERIOUS)
6)My Kirby vacuum is great, but it doesn't like bobby pins or pencils!
7)My throat almost closed from all the dust.
8) Made several other sisters happy because I found a few items of clothing that they were sure the "other sister" had, but the other sister denied.
9)needed more than one garbage bag.
10) I think my girls are a lot like me...at that age of course...
Oh wow, I can hardly wait for next Wednesday's project!

TO PROTECT MY CHILDRENS PRIVACY I WILL NOT DISCLOSE THEIR NAMES!

2 comments:

FamilyBergloff said...

So it's one of those 4 cuties!! I do the wine thing too... I bought those little gladwares..teeney ones... poked holes on the lid and poured 2 tbsp red wine vinegar in it. Those little fruit flies love it!! Now would you like to come over and see what boys do? I have one that has garage items in his room!!! I believe it is common place with teenagers. They still need to be taught how to pick up and organize but they never do it until they have a place of their own!!

Julie Swenson said...

Good for you!! I just try to stay out of their rooms and keep the doors closed.