What in the world is wrong with me? Ya know how you look at yourself, (and believe me I have been looking at myself for years.) and think “I don’t look so bad” or “is that me?”…well, I have been in denial big time!! I have come to the realization that at 40, I need to make some changes. Changes that I should of could have made at 30…probably 20…healthy, life changing changes! I have used every excuse under the sun…I won’t bore you with them, but let’s just say it has been easier to find excuses than deal with my issues…
So what am I going to do? Well, I am trying to figure that out, small steps, small changes. Praying is part of my “processing” as I cannot do this alone, and I really don’t want someone else to tell me what to do…because I am stubborn like that…hee hee!
Why do I feel the need to share this? Well, going public with my “weight/health” issues maybe will help me feel as though I am accountable, maybe not? What I do know is what I am doing has not been working for me….
So, while I don’t plan the approach of, “it’s all about me now.” I do plan to take the approach, “I want to do it this time!”
3 comments:
Jody - You are beautiful...and I am very proud of you...no matter what...again and again.
Jody~ I'm Sandy's friend, Kris, from "the campground." The few times we've met in person, it just seems like you are a person who people are drawn to. Sandy let me in on your blog because I love to read about people's lives. I just want you to know that I feel exactly like you do. It hit me a little later than it did you but, at 45, I get it now. Still don't know how to get motivated. Keep me posted :)
I am so there with you Jody! I get that UHG feeling and wonder how or why I let it come to this. I wonder what "thing" to let go of so I can make time for me and exercise. I do yoga once a week...love it but need more. So reading your blog told me that I started out with one thing now build on it. I would run so I can get it over with but chicken about my heart.. I don't want to be finished on the pavement and exercising! It would be neat to have a inside look and know I'm safe upping my heart rate! Laugh with me girl! How about a run this week?
Post a Comment