Tuesday, April 27, 2010

I couldn't shut up...

Tonight Troy and I went to a "membership," meeting at our church. We have wanted to join the church that we have been attending for several years now. So tonight was the night that we met with the"committee," the problem was that I was under the impression that since I already written down my testimony on the packet of info. that I probably wouldn't have to say too much. Well, on the way to church I said, "Troy, do you think we need to go over our testimony tonight?" "Yep," he said. I said, "I am going home." He laughed, he is used to me by now. There was another couple ahead of us. We introduced ourselves, they both wondered if we were ready, did we have notes? Oh brother, my heart started to race. I jotted a few notes...
It was our turn. They (the committee) introduced themselves, very nice people (Terri, if you are reading this, thanks for smiling at me!) They seemed to want Troy to go first, but, Troy looked at me (cause he knows me so well) asked if I wanted to go first, I said, "can I?" "Sure" they said...so it began..I talked and talked and talked, now that I am re-thinking every word I said...I think I said too much....I went way back in history...it was like I couldn't shut up...hard to believe huh?
Why does that happen? Oh well!

1 comment:

Julie Swenson said...

Oh, I hear you!!! Guess why I am not a member?? And I have been going to church there for 13 years!!! Good for you.