This morning when I was in the bathroom I heard a little "chirping" noise...I asked the girls if they heard it they said they thought it was the chair squeaking or the boys doing something. For a second I thought..is it the carbon monoxide detector? The girls thought it wasn't that, as we had the radio on, the computer, someone was blow drying their hair etc...Well, about an hour after I got to work Morgan called and said that the carbon monoxide detector was beeping about every 2 minutes. I called Troy, called her back and I told her that I was going to call the gas company. They told me to tell her to open the windows and go outside..which I had already told her to do...so...she waited and waited...about 2 hours outside, she could not leave, they said if someone isn't home when they arrive they call the sheriff and enter. So, she pulled out the lawn chair and brought out her Literature book and read..for 2 hours, entering once to get some warmer clothes on.
When the gas company came, they went in together.....guess what? It was not the carbon monoxide detector it was the fire alarm batteries.....Oops! When she called me to tell me, she said, "how embarrassing!" Well, our detectors are next to each other and neither one of them was acting like it was a battery issue...anyways, the nice guy checked out the furnace, water heater...etc...then said, "do you have any extra batteries?" He replaced the batteries and away he went! "Thanks Mr. gas man!"
No comments:
Post a Comment