On Monday my brother had his 2nd round of chemo- a 7 hour killing cancer session! Troy tolerated it well and slept through much of it. Troy was scheduled to have a spinal tap on Tuesday, on Monday while receiving his chemo his doctor (who I truly believe was heaven sent) stopped in and talked to him about doing chemo directly into the spine, after they had done the spinal tap. It sounds like this is relatively new, but, they are finding this cancer likes to hide in the spine. So, yesterday Troy received another dose of chemo directly into the spine, he is not feeling great today, but continues to be in good spirits!
My parents continue to “hang out” with my brother; I am so thankful that they are able to just be with him at this time. Arizona will wait for another time.
On another note, I did have fun shopping for some of my brothers favorite things….He will be 41 next week. I was able to send it with my Uncle and Aunt, as they are planning a trip to Fargo this week to see him.
As for the Doble House, we continue to be busy with basketball; we have 5 of our 6 kids involved in basketball right now. Troy continues to work with the 7-8th grade girls’ team (Corbin’s team) and they both love it! Morgan is narrowing in on making a decision for where she will attend college next year…exciting and stressful!
Once again, I want to say a special thank you to all of you who continue to pray for my brother, and our families. We have been blessed by your words of encouragement, phone calls and cards.
No comments:
Post a Comment