Today I was given the opportunity to join (chaperone) the 7th grade class at Cambridge Christian School to the Q Mandarin restaurant in Cambridge. First of all, I love 7th graders, I really do, I worked in the classroom the year that these kids were in 3rd grade. It was a treat to go with them...in 7th grade it seems as though the kids still like you (me!) I need to confess though, I really don't like Chinese food...I heard a story once about Chinese food...I cannot get it out of my mind, but, for those of you that enjoy Chinese food, I won't share the story! I watched as the 7th graders, two of which were my daughters ate things that I wouldn't dream of eating. I ate rice and found out that I do like deep fried chicken balls, it might have something to do with the fact that it was deep fried. However, when one of the kids put one in Ms. Sarah's drink, I had had enough, they were debating if it would sink or float....it sunk. That's how those chicken balls felt in my stomach all day..yuck! I also remembered the 2nd date that my husband took me on, it was the, "Golden Nugget." For those of you that have been around town for awhile you know the place. I didn't have the heart to tell my Troy, who I hardly knew, that Chinese was not my favorite, I ate egg drop soup and a few other things...no idea what it was. What I will confess is that when he went to the bathroom I put it back on the platter and he ate the rest. Troy has learned that I also choked down mushrooms that were on the pizza, on our first date...those are not something I enjoy either. Thankfully he knows now. What I thought of today was that fact that It doesn't matter what we are doing, or eating it is who we are doing it with. I enjoyed today, and I enjoyed getting to know my husband over that egg drop soup almost 18 years ago....Thanks for inviting me! Jody
3 comments:
Wow!!!!! The Golden Nugget huh.
I can't believe Troy took you there. What a wonderful date:) best of all I have you for a daughter thanks Troy.
Being with teens is fun you never know what they think or what they will try. Remind me not to have deep fryed chicken balls. How about vegetable egg rolls????
Mom D
One of the fun things about blogs is that you get to learn information about people "previous" lives--as in the life they lived before you knew them. Thanks for sharing! I am so glad that you are blogging!
Ugh. There's nothing like that lead feeling of fried "Chinese" food in your gut. And the food at Q Mandarin, with all the tasty deep fried morsels, is definitely Americanized version of Chinese food. But I have to admit that I occasionally crave their peanut butter chicken. I don't want to know what's in it; it's just good.
Post a Comment