We have a date!! Today I received an e-mail that said we have a tentative U.S. Embassy date of June 18th in Ethiopia. What this means is that Troy will need to be in Ethiopia by June 17th. We also found out that tentative means it could change to the following Wednesday, June 25th. We will find out for sure by June 10th! What we do for us now is, go with the first date and pray that it works out. Adopting an HIV+ child also adds time to the travel, there is another piece to the puzzle and that is an HIV waiver that needs to be approved before Araya can leave Ethiopia. What this whole adventure entails....2 weeks minimum travel time in Ethiopia, 3 weeks is a possibility!! Please pray that we can get the June 18th date and that Troy only needs to stay 2 weeks, pray that paperwork is processed quickly and HIV waiver goes through quickly!! Please continue to pray for Araya!
Blessings and Thanks!
The Doble
2 comments:
So glad you have a date even if it is a tentative one! Two weeks is long enough and we will pray it doesn't turn into a day longer--actually I'll be praying it goes so smoothly that it'll be less than two weeks!
And, by the way, I love your new family picture on the blog!
Hooray!!! What a surprise! Did you buy your tickets last night? If not, I'm sure you already have checked the prices. I am thrilled for you. Can't wait until the first pictures of him with Troy in Ethiopia.
Post a Comment