Saturday, May 3, 2008
Where do I Begin?
Where do I begin? I have thought about this for a while....the thing is I really don't know where to begin. I decided that I would just start with why I titled my blog, "Is Eight Enough?" Many of you reading this know that we are adding to our family again through the miracle and blessing of adoption. In May of 2004, we went from a family of 5, Troy, myself, Morgan, Shelby and Corbin to a family of 7, with Seble and Syfah coming to us from Ethiopia. What a blessing it has been. We are now anticipating the arrival of Araya (Abi) , Seble and Syfah's biological brother. Troy will hopefully be traveling to Addis Ababa, Ethiopia in June. We are trying to prepare for the arrival of another boy...Syfah cannot wait..he is tired of being the only boy with 4 sisters! Is Eight enough? I think so...but, this week I was having a casual conversation with my mom, Jane. She asked me something about our adoption and out of my mouth came the words, "I would love to have another little baby around here." There was silence on the other end...."Jody," my mom said, "Do not let your Dad hear you say that!" We had a good laugh....So, is Eight Enough?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
You did a wonderful job setting up your blog. I have to read it again so that I get all the details. Your pictures look great!
Is eight enough? I don't know! Is 11 (12 with our wonderful daughter-in-law) enough. I think it is but I have learned never to be too sure about anything!
Jody, congratulations on the addition of Abi to your family! My mom (Leanne) just told me, and I'm so thrilled for you!
Michelle (Norland) Lewis
Post a Comment