Saturday, October 11, 2008

off the roof!!


WELL THANK THE GOOD LORD...WE SURVIVED!!! IT WAS NOT A BAD EVENING FOR THE ROOFTOP!
I have to tell you that I was dreading the night! I was praying for rain and it was not looking too good (yeah!) for a night outside. It started to clear and we set up at about 2:30 so that we could wave to all the kids when they left school. We had a good wind break, which happened to be the taller part of the school, that wall also came in handy for a "movie on the roof", the movie Hitch, was entertaining and a few joined us on the roof for that!! We bundled up and several friends brought us hot chocolate, cookies, Perkins muffins, Dove chocolates and Mark joined us for Pizza Hut. The Varsity Soccer team came up for a quick hello too. I had a great time with Sarah and she truly is a great friend to me...thanks Sarah! All good things must come to an end......after the movie on the rooftops it was time to go in for a bit, we were in the teachers lounge warming up and I had just layed on the floor, the power went out (we were already sitting in darkness, because we didn't want to give a way our location)! We were attacked by a masked teachers....we screamed... the masks were frightening. Before I knew it I was being covered in silly string, I covered my face and just let it hit me. I looked and Sarah was calmly sitting in a chair not saying a word....I think she was _ _ _! Anyways Shelly and Rachel were also covered in the stuff! I did realize that I will never mess with my dear friend Sarah....look out "fellow friends" I think I heard the word revenge out of her mouth a few times!!!!!!
Thanks to all who supported the adventure...I am not doing it again! :)

2 comments:

Julie Swenson said...

What a trooper!! You do those things that NO ONE else will do.
We love you!

Julie

barb Holmberg said...

Is that a portable generator or heater I see behind you there on the roof? You look really comfy and cozy! Wish I could have stopped by!