Tuesday, December 2, 2008
Where is my ear?
As many of you know, Araya received his hearing aid last Tuesday. He has done reasonably well with it. We have only lost one battery, he also keeps thinking that his ear is wet (it's sweating) so he removes it regularly to wipe it off. Yesterday, we had had a little bit of a hectic morning, he didn't think he needed his coat, his sweatshirt would be fine, nor did he needed a hat or mittens, (he wasn't the only one.) So after several children running back in to get items that they "forgot or misplaced" we were on our way to school. We arrived in the parking lot and we were all belting out the tunes on the radio. Araya hollers, "mom," "mom," I shut off the car. I said "what, are you o.k.? " "No!" he said, "I FORGOT MY EAR!" I said "what?" he repeated himself, I said "where is it?" he said, "on the t.v." We had a great laugh...all of us including him...I said, "it's not an ear." he said, "O.K. tomorrow I will remember my ear." I sat thinking to myself, "that went in one ear and out the other"...oh well!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Very cute story. What is it with kids not wanting to wear coats and hats and mittens...when it is FREEZING out?!! I hope it gives you comfort in knowing that you are not alone as you run in and out of the house every morning because your kids "forgot" something. The good new? It burns calories!! :)
Post a Comment