Friday, September 18, 2009

4th grade again..


Last year when school was finished, Troy and I and Araya's teacher, Mrs. Aleckson really felt that Araya would benefit from repeating 4th grade. Araya seemed fine with it, and we really didn't talk a lot about it this summer. The reasons for the decision were many, mainly I would say that last year " was an adjustment year." We feel it is important for him to "get it," before moving on. It has been a great start he is contributing more with class discussions, displaying more confidence, and doing great in subjects that he was struggling with last year! However, Araya has discovered that he is the only 12 year old in 4th grade, he could potentially drive as an 8th grader, and possibly be 19-20 when he graduates.

We are looking on the bright side...more time with us, more time to play soccer but mainly more time to learn! So, when he said to me last night, "maybe I can move to 6th grade next year," I told him, "hmmmm.... you will have to work really hard and read more at home, and we will work with you on English and Math...etc... he looked at me and said, "nah, that's o.k....let's forget about it." So, we will see what happens this year, but for now, we will love 4th grade and Mrs. Aleckson! Age is just a number, right?

1 comment:

Sarah said...

HAHA...i love his comment. :)