Araya had his hearing test-visit to the ENT (Ear, Nose and Throat dr.) last week! I was a little overdue with scheduling this appt., but last time he saw Dr. Hoyt at the U of M she noticed something on his ear drum..so off we went last week! First we had the hearing test then we saw Dr. Kaubbi, he looked in his ear and brought us to a different room where he had Araya lay down, he stuck his very small intrument in the ear, guided by a light. His nurse and I stood by Araya as he did some tugging...he pulled something out which he believes was a solid piece of scar tissue that had formed on the ear drum where he had his surgery...so after that we went back to the other room. Dr. Kaubbi then asked Araya to plug his nose and blow out...he did. I heard something that sounded like air...I said to Araya, "squeeze your nose before you blow out." He did it again. Dr. Kaubbi looked at me and he said, "His nose is plugged, what you hear is air coming out of his ear." "What?" I said,....Yup, Araya has another hole in his ear drum. So, Dr. Kaubbi is going to have Araya squeeze his nose and blow out about 5 times a day....I don't really understand why, but we will do it! We will then go back in 3 months and see what is happening to the hole!
That evening, while sitting at the dinner table of course, we were explaining this to Troy and Araya showed us all how he can blow air out of his ear..amazing talent:) The funny part is, Araya looked at Troy and he said, "Dad, do you think I can breathe out of my ear?" "Nope," Troy said, but you can try it...Araya looked at Troy and said, "nah, that's o.k., I don't want to try." I have a feeling he tried it anyways but probably when he was alone!!!
Never a dull moment!
On another note, we will continue to not use the hearing aids at this point, but will also check hearing when we go back!
No comments:
Post a Comment