Wednesday, August 25, 2010

looking back...

Earlier in the summer we were able to get away for a 4 day weekend!  Some great friends let us stay in their cabin in Wisconsin.  It was different this year as this was the first year that we were not all in the same car heading on vacation.. The 4 teenagers followed us in their Saturn, while Troy, the boys and I led the way.  It was so fun to glance back at them every once in awhile, sunroof open, heads bobbing to the music...They were having way too much fun!  The boys enjoyed our car, as they were able to watch a movie and have Troy and I to themselves...they talked a lot! 
Anyways, it was a wonderful time, lots of reading, canoeing, shopping, eating out, games and even a visit to the local Dr.'s office.  Morgan had just gotten home from a church youth group trip to Colorado, as the weekend progressed, she was barely able to swallow, so in to the clinic we went we were thankful for drugs!  She was miserable for a day, then started to perk up! 
The best part of a vacation is getting to relax and hang out.  I sometimes struggle with just "relaxing," I generally feel as though I need to do what everyone else wants to do, and I want to, but, I have been trying to find the balance of not feeling "guilty" if I want to read a book instead of playing a game. etc.... I think it is a hard thing for many..the selfish side says.."my vacation too."   So I did a little of both, tried to do what others wanted to do, but also, read one whole book and loved every moment of it...no guilt involved!!
Troy cooking breakfast
PLAYING GAMES
We joke about this picture because Corbin has been reading the same book since spring break...must be good huh!
Syfah doing some mowing!
The "Barbies" going canoeing! (that's what their dad said after waiting and waiting for them.)
Seble and Dad hitting the lake!
Morgan relaxing after her Dr. visit!

No comments: