Many of you know that Araya and I have, "Dr. Dates" these are days that we head down to the U of M to see our awesome~ Dr. Hoyt! Well, yesterday was the day! The roads were not good and our appointment was at 8:45, hubby Troy called and said, maybe we should cancel as the traffic was slow going. Well, it is hard to get these appointments rescheduled, and I had already had someone lined up to work for me..so we left our house at 6:45, only to arrive at 9:15! It was awful, at one point Araya looked at me and said, "can we go back home?" For a moment I thought about it, but we kept going. We decided to count cars in the ditch and pray for the people in them, then we saw something really funny.....a complete mattress set on side of the road..someone lost their bed! We had a good laugh about that one! The Dr. was pleased with how Araya is doing, he is now where he should be for height/age! Yeah!! He was excited about that.
Part of the "date"is Araya picks the place we go for lunch! Drum roll...............hard to guess............never changes..............KFC, wins out again. Out of all the places he continues to pick KFC!! Oh well, it was good. For some reason he likes to order at the drive thru and sit and eat in the car with the radio going and the seats pushed back...fine with me! It was a good day, we both went back to school. After school we had one more Dr. appointment, the Ear Nose and Throat Dr. that did his surgery in December. Things are looking good in the ear, we will wait to do hearing test for another 8 weeks. Whew! What a day! On the way home Araya looks at me and said, "How many more days before we have to go back to the Dr.?" Well, I said 8 weeks! "Oh, good" he said, "will it be summer then?" I said, " we could only hope!"
Brother Troy Update
My brother is doing well. He discovered the hard way that he needs to stay on top of the nausea with meds. He has had a few bouts of that but they have been short-lived. He is not able to taste food, that is disappointing to him as he has not been able to eat and now that he can, he isn't able to taste...(chemo wipes out the taste buds)...but he can smell it...my mom has been making some good home-cooked meals. He is continuing to go in to the Dr. daily for a shot to help boost white blood cells. He is tired, but still feeling better than he was before diagnosis...yeah! They have decided to do chemo every 15-17 days (can't remember exactly) rather than waiting 21 days~as long as his body can tolerate it. The goal is to get into remission between treatment 3-4...that would be so great!
We have been blessed by so many of you who continue to pray for my brother as he has so much going on physically and emotionally right now. My parents and I have to felt your prayers. Thank you!
Today as I was thinking about my brother, I couldn't help but think about how different him and I are. We are 13 months to the day apart....I am "older" and of course more mature...just kidding!!! Troy is a private kind of guy, I am not so much...I tend to share..sometimes too much. I will try to find a "balance" and keep you updated. We are trying to talk Troy into doing a caringbridge site, but, he doesn't seem real excited to do that...so for now I will post what I can.
2 comments:
Great updates, Jody, and a great family!!!Thanks for "fixing" your blog so I can occasionally let you know I am "in the mix", ha ha. Blessings this evening! rox
Hi Jody,
So glad to have this blog to get updates on Troy. You are doing a great job! We are praying for Troy and his recovery!
Jim & Carol
Post a Comment