Friday, August 22, 2008

did and didn't do!

I was thinking today about summer and all that we did and didn't do! Something that I have actually done this summer is some reading, I love to read, but unfortunately have not really had a lot of time. This past month it has been wonderful and I have been trying to get into my cozy bed (even with a few kids plopped next to me, the rule is no talking unless you are having a major emergency or personal crisis!) a little earlier than usual and read! Right now I have been reading a Beverly Lewis Series and a book titled "The Shack". I am hoping to finish them both this weekend! I have taken in a few movies, actually gone to the theatre at 9:00 p.m.!! Another thing I did this summer, that I have always wanted to do was get a.........tatoo! I know this may surprise you! Then again maybe not! No, I am not having a breakdown, or going through some inter crisis, in fact it is the opposite! My great friend and I went to a wonderful Christian man in Harris for a consult, then decided to go for it a week later. I will tell you that it hurt really bad but I have no regrets...will I ever get another one.......NO! It is a tatoo of a little Magnolia flower..I love Magnolias!
There are many things that we didn't do, but that is o.k.... our Journey this summer has been one of ups, downs, turns and twists. Our family has not only grown in numbers but in our Faith, relationships with each other and relationships with other important people in our lives. As I think about this summer, I am full of joy that we are where we are today. I am thankful that Araya is settling in a little more everyday. Yesterday when I came home from work, I said, "where is my hug?" He gave me a big hug. Today after I got home from grocery shopping I sat down to look at the mail. Araya came over and tapped me on the shoulder and said, "where is my hug mom?" When we came home from our Dr. appt. this week at the U of M (no shots involved) we walked up to the kitchen and he said, "I love my House!" These are great words to hear from a boy who has and is going through so much transition....So much to be thankful for!!
As for tonight 3 of our girls are at a junior high all nighter for church, Morgan is with friends as they celebrate the end of summer! Troy and I and the boys will enjoy a night of Olympics and reading, ice cream and chocolate!!!! Have a great weekend!
Jody

2 comments:

thethreenoodles said...

I don't know if I would say that we were "celebrating the end of summer"....cause I still want summer!! lol

barb Holmberg said...

Jody,

I am reading "The Shack" this summer too! I'll be interested in hearing what you have to say about it. Hope your kids had fun at the all-nighter, Carlo did!

b.