I started back at work this week! It actually has worked o.k..Seble and Shelby are still in New York on their Mission trip and they will return on Saturday! Morgan, Corbin, Araya and Syfah have had a pretty good week together!
Well Wednesday, we had an appointment in Cambridge with the Ear Nose and Throat dr. for Araya, she comes up one day a week. Araya was a trooper for the ENT dr. and Audiologist. We found out that both of Araya's ears are perforated and he is not hearing well at all. Araya will eventually need surgery on both of his ears (tympanoplasty sp??) which is a reconstruction of the ear drums. We are going to try and make sure that he has no underlying infection before proceeding with surgery, we will also be looking at probably a hearing aid for the left ear.
After that appointment we were scheduled to start his immunizations.....well, let me just say...it went down hill fast. Araya needed five shots and after the first one we had to call for assistance. After an exhausting 1/2 hour we were done, however, Araya was not done. My son would not come with me to leave...we needed to leave the injection room and were "kindly" told that the room was needed for someone else..I literally dragged him into the hallway of the clinic where he sat down and would not budge. I really did not know how I was going to get him to the car...he was not responding to me at all. I was starting to panic a little because it was just him and I and he was fighting me. I had a lot of stares and was actually hoping that a security guard would come and help me! I went for my cell phone and realized I left it in the car! I looked up and there she was.. her first words were..."can I help?" I started to cry, "yes" I said. Delrae is a lady that goes to the church that we attend and they adopted 2 Ethiopian kids about a year ago! She was my saving grace! She sat with Araya on the floor among the gawkers and through his crying and comforted him when I was at a loss. I went and pulled up the car and we both physically pulled him to the car. Words cannot express the feeling I had...I know God sent her to me...that was just too coincidental to not be HIM! Oh, boy did I thank God (and her) all the way home! Delrae even called me that night to check on not only him but me too! What a blessing!
God is giving me Grace and Peace that I cannot explain, and I am so thankful!
No comments:
Post a Comment