Wednesday, September 10, 2008

18 years!!


On Monday Troy and I celebrated 18 years of Marriage!

I can't say we did anything exciting, we worked, ran kids around after school, coached soccer, grocery store, picked up kids, 3 girls had a volleyball game. When I got home I made, "gourmet grilled cheese." That's a grilled cheese with not Velveeta but like Colby jack or mild cheddar..special cheese! It was a normal Monday! I will tell you that I had a hilarious card waiting next to my pillow when I woke up with my favorite Fannie May mint candybar...found only at Walgreen's, tucked inside the card! As the day went on I thought of my husband more than usual...I received a text at lunch that said..."I love you!" I was hoping it would say, "you look as good as the day I met you, you hot thing!" Just kidding. I was pleasantly surprised by his text because he is not a "texter!" I was thinking about the last 18 years and how special Troy is to me and the kids! I have been blessed by a wonderful husband who would do anything for me and our family! I have been blessed more by the fact that what you see is what you get with Troy! He loves the Lord, loves us and leads by example...what more could we ask for! I often feel as though I don't tell him how much he means to me....I know he knows, but, in our commitment to each other that is one thing that you can never say too many times...I Love ya Troy....you handsome stud!!!

2 comments:

Sarah said...

You two are one of the most fabulous couples I've ever met! I so admire you both and your relationship! God bless and Congratulations!

-Sarah

Mary Mork said...

Congrats to you both! Blessings to you and best wishes to you as you move through the next 18 years...and the next 18 years...and...
mary