Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Root Canal-Attempt #1

Well dentists rank right up their with flying for me. I don't like either one at all and the smell of both give me anxiety from head to toe, seriously planes smell too! I think it's that oxygen or gas or something but they both put me over the edge, I am so thankful that my friend that I flew with last November never "divulged" how I acted and what I did on the plane....anyways.
Today Araya was suppose to have a root canal, he had a consult a couple of weeks ago. After the consult we decided to do some drugs just to take the edge off....not for me, but for him..:) Anyways today Troy met me at the endontics office. I gave Araya the relaxant about 20 minutes before his appointment. When we arrived at the office I was relieved to see Troy because I was anticipating, "the event". Well Troy went back with him, and then Troy came out and said that Araya told him he could go. Troy sat with me in the lobby, about 5 minutes later I hear the awful cry...not screaming in pain, crying in fear. I heard them talking to him and doing a great job. His assistant came out and said, he was doing o.k. but as soon as he heard the drill he was petrified. They tried a few more times and the sobbing continued. The Dr. came out to get us and told us that, he just felt too bad for him and that this could really set him up for future "dental anxiety" Yeah, I can relate!! So after a little discussion, he will call another specialist tomorrow and we will most likely go to the hospital and just "put him under" for the fillings and the root canal. So we will attempt to do this another time. You know the feeling after you have anticipated something for weeks and then it's suppose to happen and it doesn't...oh man...I am tired..goodnight!!
P.S. Araya held my hand in the car the whole way home...I loved it, and I sure love my little guy who tried his best today!

1 comment:

thethreenoodles said...

Oh my word Mrs. Doble! I'm sorry that that all happened! It'll get better though! Don't worry! :D