Well sometimes I really enjoy this weather. It makes me feel like laying on the couch (I wish!), reading a book, drinking some hot chocolate. Actually what this weather reminds me of is soup and chili. So today, Shelby and I made Potato Cheese Soup. It is my family's favorite and I always save it for the Fall, and today felt like Fall to me!
Seble and Troy left this morning at 7:00 a.m for a Soccer Tournament with the JH Soccer team from the Christian School. Troy has really enjoyed assistant coaching again this year. Today they played awesome and took second place. I stayed home and ran the other kids around, but I got the play by play when they arrived home...that is where my soup comes in! Seble was so excited that I had made it that she said she even thought about it when she was playing! The best news was Seble scored 4 goals today....yahoo Seb! I got a great big hug for soup and cornbread! Even though it rained it sounds like they all had a great, wet time!!
I am going to share this recipe and hope that your family will enjoy it like mine!!
Potato Cheese Soup
8 C. chopped Potatoes
8 C. water
2 C. carrots cut small ( I use baby ones)
4 tsp. minced onion
8 chicken bouillon cubes
1 ham slice cubed
1/2 tsp. pepper
12 oz. Velveeta cheese ( I use a little more)
In soup kettle, cover potatoes, carrots, onion, bouillon cubes and pepper with water. Cook until vegetables are soft. Mash with potato masher-leaving as many large chunks of vegetables as you want. Stir in cheese until melted, it will thicken and is actually a little better the next day!
2 comments:
perhaps this should come to school??? ;)
For some reason I was not able to comment on your most recent post but was able to do so here. Hope you find it. It was wonderful to catch up with you and your gang. I have not read blogs in a long time. PLEASE say a huge CONGRATS to Seble for her excellent soccer year! Four goals--that's amazing! I especially love the picture of you and Troy on your anniversary! You both are soooo cute! And, I copied the soup recipe. It sounds yummy! Finally, I am glad that in your "desperation" you are realizing you are not alone--your Heavenly Father is with you and so are all of us!
Post a Comment