
Do you ever wonder "what to do"? As parents we are facing a "situation-learning opportunity" with one of our teens journey (it really is going to be fine, seriously not a major but a minor) ........but it is something that has needed our attention pretty regularly. It has taken energy and time and I still feel as though we are far from over it......this is just one of those times when I wish I had the answers, actually I think I have the answers, but, they are not well received. This is one of those times when I would like to move to a remote location, and not have to deal with it......become a "hermit family"....nah...it's just not me/us! What would that solve? ....a temporary fix? .....maybe? Troy and I have spent time praying, and trying to let the situation pass, it just doesn't seem too....and when we look back, we should of handled it differently from the beginning....and wish we would have, but that isn't helping us now!! I really am beginning to understand more about the "fine line-big line" between being a friend and a parent. Being a friend sometimes feels better, being a parent is more work. ......oh well, this is going to pass and I am going to be so much wiser.
NEED TO CLARIFY:
-THIS ISN'T ANYTHING THAT WE DON'T ENCOUNTER AS PARENTS...I (WE) WILL SURVIVE, IT JUST FEELS BIG, FAT AND UGLY.
-THIS IS NOT INTENDED TO SOUND AS THOUGH I AM AIRING OUT THE DIRTY LAUNDRY.......I AM JUST IN NEED OF THE "SPIN CYCLE" TO STOP....:)
No comments:
Post a Comment