Sunday, January 30, 2011

Troy is a Trooper!


Troy is a Trooper.....well, I thought it was a catchy little title!  I was actually thinking of getting those little bracelets/bands made for us in honor of my brother Troy...but he might think its's hokey-I am actually quite positive that he would think it's hokey.. :)  
Troy has had a rough week...the chemo that he received in the spine on Tuesday has done a number on him this week..not feeling good at all, severe headache, nausea and neck pain.  The thing is it is hard to figure out if it is from the chemo on Monday, the spinal and chemo on Tuesday or maybe part of a reaction to a white blood cell booster shot that he received this week too-that can have many side effects.  Anyways, he is hoping that he starts to feel better soon and that he doesn't have another week like this past one.
Troy's fellow ND State Trooper buddies have been great-checking in and visiting when able, that is a huge blessing as they are like another family to him.  I know that Troy is anxious to get back to work, he loves his job, but for now is concentrating on getting through treatment and getting stronger.

If I could right now,  I would head up to Fargo and stay with my brother- until this is over.  I can't -I have a large family and a full time job. I have struggled with finding joy in my everyday life right now.  Don't get me wrong, not a pity party, more of the thoughts of just feeling like life should be "on hold" right now.  I have a great life with a great husband who has survived cancer-  Troy (husband) has been in remission for 22years....I believe in Miracles!  I believe we will have another miracle!  I need to keep trusting in God and his will.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Jody --- Oh what beautiful, heartfelt emotions and thoughts you share with us. Many understand the internal struggle you are experiencing but prayer is the answer and you will gain strength from your strong faith. Love knows no boundaries and distance does not hinder it so Troy and your parents know that even though you are not with them physically, you are still standing beside them and walking the same path with love. Husband Troy and your children will be supportive and share this journey with you. I too am praying for a wonderful miracle of total healing for your brother Troy. May the Lord bless him and give him strength each day. Faith and love are strong medicine and everything is possible -- thanks be to God. Sending a big hug your way. May God's love surround and comfort you like a soft, warm blanket around a newborn baby and may God grant you a much needed full night of rest tonight. With love and understanding from the depths of my heart.