Sunday, September 7, 2008

Lot's of activity.....

Well it has been an eventful week! I am sure we are all feeling like we "survived" the first week of school....Araya had a rough night/morning last week. It's that "transition" word again, I feel like I am really over-using it but it is the word that is defining us lately. I know that school was great fun for him but it was another stressful change for my little guy. The episodes of anxiety, anger, rage are decreasing in proximity of each other but they are still intense and become hard for the whole family to deal with. I was encouraged by Araya's teacher this week and her words to him, I was also encouraged by my great friends at work, and I am so thankful that when the tears came to me on Wednesday, so did support...Thank you!!
I traveled to Owatonna on Friday night with the girls for a Volleyball Tournament and we had great fun! The soccer team and volleyball team had great fun and played well! I went to Cabela's for the first time in my life..it was o.k...maybe a little over rated, but I did find a pair of pink shoes!! We also visited "Russell" also known as the Russell Stover candy store. It was fun and we all enjoyed ice cream!! The bummer is I forgot my camera!!
When I returned home on Saturday evening it was good to see Troy and the boys! Araya was in the shower and when I went in the bathroom I said, " Hi Araya, It's mom did you miss me?" He said "What?" I said, " did you miss me?" He said, " What is Whiskey?" Miss me must sound like whiskey to him....he doesn't know what whiskey is either, but he just kept repeating it. I explained to him what miss me was when he got out of the shower..I am glad we are going to the ear doctor this week....he keeps saying, "what?" I am thinking it is becoming a habit!
Troy had rented two Wii games for them to play while us girls were away, they had a great time, went out for supper and just hung out!
Another update is the horse..for those of you that remember my previous posts about the horse, well "Montana" went to a new home on Friday night. It's a good thing! I will miss him, but, I will not miss that battle of who will feed and water him!
We also celebrated Araya's Birthday today. I will post a few pictures of him. He was all smiles, they don't really understand the concept of birthdays, they are not celebrated in Ethiopia. So he was able to have his 1st birthday cake and birthday gifts. His birthday is Tuesday and he will bring treats to school. It was fun for all of us to see his excitement. Morgan said, "wasn't it so fun to watch him."

1 comment:

Matthew and Amanda said...

Happy Birthday to one handsome birthday boy!!

Amanda