What a great day! Yesterday Morgans good friends had planned a "surprise" birthday party for her at our house! It was great fun! I cannot believe it was actually pulled off without a glitch....a few close calls but all went well. About 20 friends were here from 3-12:00 and it was a day/evening of volleyball, swimming, basketball, eating...eating and a movie!
Seble and Shelby were a huge help to me this week....house cleaning and organizing. Corbin and Syfah were also big helpers and we were trying to be a little discrete as we were getting things ready for the party. (We did not let them in on the secret until the day of the party...good thing!)
Seble and Shelby and the rest of the 8 & 9 grade class were invited to the Swenson's for a class party. Sounds like they had a fabulous time..bonfire, eating, games and chatting. They were all a little wound up when they arrived back here at 10:30 to finish out the party at our house!
It was a great day...I was thinking as I was watching the kids play and hang out....I am thankful for the friends that they have in their lives! Thanks Friends...you are welcome here anytime!
UPDATE FROM ETHIOPIA-THIS IS THE EMAIL FROM TROY AND DEB
Hi Honey--Sorry, I ran out of minutes on the phone so I couldn't say "I love you". We had a wonderful day today! Araya had a good good bye at the orphanage. The doctor was great--she gave us a month's worth of medication so we're good until he sees the doctor in MN. She also reviewed his history in good detail with Debbie and wrote a good summary for the doctors in MN.
I love you.
Say "hi" to the kids let them know that their brother, your son, is doing very well.
Love,
Troy
From Debbie--Hi Jody--I want you to have complete confidence. We had a great chat with the doctor today. The way cool thing for you to know is that his labs are all great. His viral load is UNDETECTABLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! That means, they can't find any HIV in his body--the medications are working. It will be totally essential that he continues on these meds with no variation...to keep a consistent blood level, then there is great hope for a wonderful prognosis...isn't that wonderful?!?!?!?!?! No worries!!! No contagions!!!
This is all a wonderful answer to prayer!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Are you crying yet? I've spent the majority of the day on the verge of tears...hearing the good news about Araya's health, seeing him interact with his friends, seeing him say good bye, watching him smile, then meeting with Danny's family, etc. It is so awesome. You have another great son! Troy and Hannah are teaching him great things. Good card games, English, etc. This morning Troy did a little "school" with him. He can sound out his alphabet, knows his times tables (at least to 7...that's what he wrote out), is meticulous with his penmenship and coloring. He is a brain!!
Physical--Araya is about a size 7, but he has grown considerably--especially since he started on meds. The muluscum is almost gone...just a few old sores. He has a couple of warts (easy!). His hair is to die for!!!!!!!! Smooth and wavy--the girls are going to fall over!! He's strong, active, smiling more and more, learning to talk outloud more and be a bit more bold.
How is that for details???
Love to all! If you see my kiddos, hug and kiss them for me and let them know I love them and miss them.
Love,
Debbie
Say "hi" to the kids let them know that their brother, your son, is doing very well.
Love,
Troy
From Debbie--Hi Jody--I want you to have complete confidence. We had a great chat with the doctor today. The way cool thing for you to know is that his labs are all great. His viral load is UNDETECTABLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! That means, they can't find any HIV in his body--the medications are working. It will be totally essential that he continues on these meds with no variation...to keep a consistent blood level, then there is great hope for a wonderful prognosis...isn't that wonderful?!?!?!?!?! No worries!!! No contagions!!!
This is all a wonderful answer to prayer!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Are you crying yet? I've spent the majority of the day on the verge of tears...hearing the good news about Araya's health, seeing him interact with his friends, seeing him say good bye, watching him smile, then meeting with Danny's family, etc. It is so awesome. You have another great son! Troy and Hannah are teaching him great things. Good card games, English, etc. This morning Troy did a little "school" with him. He can sound out his alphabet, knows his times tables (at least to 7...that's what he wrote out), is meticulous with his penmenship and coloring. He is a brain!!
Physical--Araya is about a size 7, but he has grown considerably--especially since he started on meds. The muluscum is almost gone...just a few old sores. He has a couple of warts (easy!). His hair is to die for!!!!!!!! Smooth and wavy--the girls are going to fall over!! He's strong, active, smiling more and more, learning to talk outloud more and be a bit more bold.
How is that for details???
Love to all! If you see my kiddos, hug and kiss them for me and let them know I love them and miss them.
Love,
Debbie
No comments:
Post a Comment