Sunday, June 15, 2008

SPECIAL DAY!!







WOW! Today has been a great day! For one thing it is gorgeous outside! We started our day by going to church, then grilling and celebrating Fathers Day, Morgans 15th Birthday (which is tomorrow), and getting ready for Troy to leave in the morning at 5:00 a.m. for Ethiopia.

It seems as though we tried to get a lot in one day and I am feeling tired...maybe a little emotionally drained.

I just talked to my friend Deb.... Deb and Hannah (Deb's daughter) are also traveling with Troy. How do you Thank a friend who has traveled not once, but twice to Ethiopia to bring your children home. We met Deb and her girls about 5 1/2 years ago and fell in love with her girls! Deb has a heart and passion for Ethiopia that cannot be described, she has traveled more times than she can remember. Debs early days of nursing were spent in Africa helping in any way she could. As many of my dear friends know flying is not my specialty, although, I have always said that it would not stop me from going, and I do hope to take our whole family some day! Deb has jumped at the chance...o.k. maybe not jumped but has felt that this is what she can do and what God has called her to do...you see this is not the first time she has volunteered to go with not only my family but other families/friends that are bringing home their kids. I believe with my whole heart that Deb would do anything to get a child home to their "new" family.
I am not sure how we can ever thank all of you who have helped in the "Process" of bringing Araya home...you know who you are...way too many to mention, but we have so appreciated each and everyone of you who have encouraged us!

Please pray for Troy, Deb, Hannah and Araya. Pray that they have a safe trip, pray that Araya is feeling well and for the paperwork to get in the right hands and gets processed quickly. We are praying that they will return to the U.S. on June 28th.
Thanks Again-
Love The Doble Family





No comments: