Saturday, June 7, 2008

Friends and a Fish Fry!!

The weather has just been sort of weird this week..rainy, sunny, cool, it is June in Minnesota, I guess that is why we shouldn't be surprised. The weather shaped up for a good ole' Fish Fry.

Our good friends The Wolds, invited our family, The Werlein family and the The Solomon family over for the Fish Fry on Friday night! On Memorial weekend they caught massive quantities of Northerns and shared them with all of us! (I cannot tell where they caught these fish, it is top secret:) It really was quite the set-up..Coleman stove attached to a gas tank, multiple frying pans, some sort of fabulous breading on the fish. This is our second time over for the Fish Fry and Brad and Marie are "expert" hosts/hostesses. We also had cheesy potatoes, corn from the garden and a great salad, followed by buster bar dessert!

I have to say the food was fabulous, but what I really want to say is......"It's good to have fabulous friends!" The bond that we have formed over the last several years is a good one! I am thanking God that he continues to encourage us through families that love the Lord!! What a blessing!!
Another highlight of the night was horseback riding, soccer, playing "lightning" in the barn and hearing the men (dad's) scream as loud as the kids! Campfire and s'mores were a great ending to a perfect night.
Thanks for the fun evening!
p.s. Brad, please forgive me for trying to help clean up the kitchen, I won't do it again!
Jody
KIDS ENJOYING FISH!!









No comments: